4/08/2008

My Once-in-a-while Workroom

It’s the first week of April, four months after the Christmas season.

When I entered my husband’s boardroom (more like a meeting room that connects to his office), this was what greeted me: A drawing by one of the account executives’ little daughter.

Was it an April Fool’s Day joke? Or, has the boardroom been unused for four months?

It is the latter.

“Business must be bad,” I told Tony.

“On the contrary,” he said, “it has picked up in 2008.”

“Where do you hold your meetings?” I asked curiously.

“Mmmmm, coffee and fast food shops, diners, or clients’ office,” he said.

With the advent of cell phones and e-mails and the sprouting of coffee shops and new fusion eateries, I guess boardroom meetings have gone out of style. Well, good for me. Now I have a space all to myself when I go to Tony’s office. I can spread my manuscripts, side-by-side with the dailies’ crosswords, and still have enough room for my laptop and the few books I am reading.

This is my work room in Makati, which is something like a once-a-week event these days. Not bad, it’s the biggest room in the whole office, and it is grace-lit.  

2 comments:

Grace D. Chong said...

Dear rimm,

Thanks for dropping by. I just visited your site and left a message for you.

Petula said...

Very cool work area! ... and congrats on business picking up.