4/18/2009

Middle of Nowhere


Grace found me in the middle of nowhere.


Who would have thought there'd be a hotel right smack on a rice field dotted with horses and cows?

This was where we I stayed for four days and three nights in Laguna, the venue for Compassion International’s Leadership Congress nicknamed, LAMBAT.

My workshop on Time Management was scheduled in the mornings at the Rizal Recreation Center, a five-minute drive away. So in the afternoons, I would be ensconced in my room, which had a fabulous view of more stretches of farms. I’d never have found a more idyllic place for writing. To my surprise, I was able to meet deadlines with so much time to spare for napping and reading my Chronological Bible.

I brought my laptop with no illusion of doing any work. But the place was so peaceful and time was so slow, I was able to do in three days what I couldn’t do in three weeks elsewhere. Right, I managed my time well because the place calmed my earlier fear of being the wrong facilitator for a workshop on Time Management.

It was literally a get-away from the noise of the city and of the soul. Yes, somewhere out there, where grains were countless, countless grace found me.

2 comments:

Emil said...

Hello Grace ...where exactly is this place in Laguna? I may have time thos coming weekends and would love to drop by and see the place for future seminars for our company ... Thanks for sharing this//

Grace D. Chong said...

Hi, Emil! The place is close to the town's commercial center and about five-minute drive from the Rizal Recreation Center. It's Called Tala Hotel. They have facilities for seminars.