3/24/2010

Every Thursday

Every Thursday I don my respectable look (blazer, high-heeled pumps, and a knowing smile) and hie off to the transnational university where I teach. Before or after my two-hour class, I say "hello" to our dean, co-teachers, librarian, and then go out for lunch and coffee with friends.

Last Thursday was sort of different. Our new president invited a few faculty members for discussion of some academic concerns over lunch. We met at the Bistro Lima (called thus because it is on our Lima Rd. campus), which is totally run by our students in hospitality management, and supervised by their professors.

Everything was impressive and impeccable, if I may brag. It's like dining in a special place where one pays oodles of money to get the kind of food and attention that we were served. But the prices are well within this teacher's reach.

Rating: The food, the company, the ambiance, the exchange of ideas and forward plans—A plus.

Thursdays for me are always a treat and a change of pace. This last one was a luncheon of grace.

3 comments:

Frederick Delubiar Raz said...

maybe we could go out for lunch this thursday? i'll drop by the school if you're free.. :D

Grace D. Chong said...

Hi, Fred! The term ended last week. There will be no more Thursdays for me in the meantime. I am waiting for my next assignment from the Dean and then I will know my next SFU day. Thanks for visiting and see you soon.

Frederick Delubiar Raz said...

ohhhh i see.. enhoy your vacation ms grace..i'll see you soon.. :D