10/18/2010

Behold the Rainbow

I have seen many, many rainbows in my life. And always, they leave me spellbound. That astounding arch, with all the colors I love, takes my breath away.

Poring over a coffee table book in-the-making last week, I was oblivious to the world. But Elmer, the person I was discussing the book with, abruptly stood up, and went straight to the window.

Then I saw it, too!

The rainbow in all its splendor across the skyline of the Global City. Knowing that rainbows don't stay long, I hurriedly took my camera from my purse and wished it would capture the grandeur that my eyes saw and my heart felt.

It didn't, not even with over 50 shots from all angles in various settings.

Let me then turn to William Wordsworth who has the words for me:

“My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky:
So was it when my life began;
So is it now I am a man;
So be it when I shall grow old,
Or let me die!”


I also once wrote a poem about the multi-colored arch in my children's book, God's Favorite Color:  

All the colors, even those without a name,
God gave them all, their beauty all the same.

They come together in a lovely rainbow,
that wonderful arch we have come to know.

Yes, all the colors, even those without a name,
God gave them all, their beauty all the same.


Thank you, Lord, for the rainbow; and the grace for me to behold it.

4 comments:

Yay Padua-Olmedo said...

Amazing! A reminder of His promise to continue to care for and love us, no matter what.

Grace D. Chong said...

There should be one again somewhere after this rain.

Emil said...

Whenever I see rainbow cast over the sky, I always had that hope that everything will be ok .. whenever I feel down and out - rainbow really quenches my spirit ... God really make those rainbows send meaning - not just some colorful band out there in the sky ...

Grace D. Chong said...

Dear Emil,

That's exactly how I feel when I see a rainbow. God's thumbprint.