6/09/2011

Now Na!

These days we use a Taglish phrase to stress urgency, Now na! Translation: right this minute!

This is the phrase I use when people who desire to become published writers ask me,  “When is the best time to start writing?”

“Now na!”


Let me explain.
If you have a gift of writing and want to write, you shouldn't  say, “I will wait till I am older, or less busy, or after I have given birth, or . . . whatever."  If you put it off, you will never be able to start—something else may come up and you will postpone writing yet again.

Putting off writing (or anything you truly want to do and enjoy), is a lot like putting off accepting the saving grace of Jesus. A day of postponement can lead to distractions.

Our lives can easily get crowded with many unimportant things.

“. . . Behold, now is the favorable time; behold, now is the day of salvation.” 2 Corinthians 6:2

(Now na! is today's entry in my book, “Grace Found Me.”)  

2 comments:

Ryan Rotor said...

i think i can hear you saying this to me. hahahaha!

Grace D. Chong said...

Yes, Ryan, get cracking. Now na!