4/04/2008

To the Rightful Owners

My brother Dave and his wife, Glad, are in town from American Samoa for the university graduation of their daughter, Dazha. It is always an exciting time for family when some of its members, absent for sometime, are around. No email or phone call can ever make up for presence.

This visit also means one other thing.

My painting, which I have reserved for Dave and Glad on the right side of this site (for months), will now move from there to here, until its final exit from my grip when I write a new post in three days or so. “Yellow Flowers” has finally been given to its rightful owners.

I hope they behold it not with wonder and awe (this being no art master), but with the same sense of warmth and affection that I put into that canvas.

These flowers will never wilt, not even in this sweltering summer heat. They will continue to bloom as God’s grace blooms in our lives when the heat of daily living threatens to weaken us.

4 comments:

Petula said...

This is very nice!

Gypsy said...

Ate Grace! You've just inspired me to get back to dabbling in art. I did watercolor many years ago, must get back to it when I get home...

Grace D. Chong said...

Gypsy, go for it! Don't dally a second longer. Painting is soooo relaxing and exciting at the same time.

Grace D. Chong said...

Thanks, Petula. I wish to get back to painting one of these days. Hope my work eases up soon.