9/07/2009

A New Bookshop!


When a new bookstore opens, my pulse goes haywire. Especially when that shop is close to where I live.

A new OMFLit Bookshop opened two days ago in Paranaque City, in the shopping mall where we do our groceries and where we go for lunch and then coffee on weekends. Neato!

I used to travel over 40 kilometers to go to OMF Bookstore on Boni Ave. Because it was such a long ride, I had to make a list of the books I wanted to buy and schedule other errands on that day because the “out-of-town” trip may not happen in another month or so.

Now I don’t need to plan ahead. I could go to the bookshop whenever whim gets hold of me. Or when fellow book lovers say, “I am going to the OMF Bookshop . . . ”

My response, “I’ll come with you!” And if, by chance, I am summoned to do booksigning anytime, I'd come running.

Grace made it possible for me to attend the SRO opening. And there, grace brimmed all over, my digicam couldn't capture all.

(Above photo shows the ladies from right, wife of the Mayor of Paranaque, wife of OMFLit's CEO, and wife of Nelson Dy, one of OMFLit's authors.)

4 comments:

Yay Padua-Olmedo said...

When's our next coffee? Should be close to OMF shop so we have both silent (when we book-browse) and chatter (in a coffee shop near OMF)moments. Thanks for asking me to go with you to the launch.

Yay

Grace D. Chong said...

Anytime, Yay!

aleks said...

Thanks for coming to the opening, Ate Grace! :) You are an encouragement.

Grace D. Chong said...

Great job as usual, Aleks. Thank YOU.