12/07/2012

Hit and Miss

A blogger's all-time natural high is caused by her number of hits, even if the hitters miss reading a word of her blog.

I've been quite happy, extremely happy, when my average of 30 hits per day suddenly surged to 200 since May this year. I can't explain the unusual spurt. But I won't question it either.
I will just live in a limbo of not knowing. Sort of self delusion.

Then two days ago, my hits went up to an unprecedented 945! 
 
That's an increase of 474%, if Tony's Math is right. The number is enough to make one wallow much longer in the pit of self importance.  Naturally I told all and sundry about it, and the one question they asked was, “What was your blog about?”

AIDS.

It was not a primer on the killer disease. It was just a simple call for awareness about the fast-growing AIDS cases in the country, written by one insignificant blogger, who felt so inadequate she begged off from writing a book on the life of an AIDS victim.

Does this hit leap encourage me to write more about AIDS? Not really. That blog got flak from a concerned reader. And so I thought it would just be one of those posts that will, okay, get me the modest 200 hits I am am rewarded with daily.

I am no authority on AIDS, so here's linking readers of this site to bloggers (websites) who are.

1. AIDS Society of the Philippines

2. Philippine National AIDS Council  

3. Rappler

4. Digital Journal

5. The Diplomat

There are more. But the above sites should lead you to most of them. Meanwhile, may I request you to make this worrying plague a part of your prayer concerns?

“For the LORD God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The LORD will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right.” Psalm 84:11

2 comments:

Yay Padua-Olmedo said...

AİDS is scary, so people continue to educate themselves. Thank God for a Christian perspective such as yours. Other writers will probably just recommend safe sex, but you've emphasized right living. The world needs to hear that.

Grace D. Chong said...

A small percentage of those who contract the disease are unwitting victims of partners or mothers who have the HIV. That's even a sadder fact. But, as we read in the Scriptures, clean or unclean, everyone goes through the consequences of man's failings.