2/14/2014

Big Heart

Posts on FB by friends at noon today reminded me it is Valentine’s Day. Not one in my family remembered, not even my one and only, not even Ate Vi (who usually remembers days such as Piolo’s birthday)—not even, or specially, me. 

Today is my self-imposed deadline for my new book, a devotional for the workplace, which took all of my waking (and sleeping) hours in the last few months. And so, on d-day, I had been working furiously from 4 AM on my last two entries that, ironically, took much, much longer to write than any of the 363 others.

Now the first draft is finished! F.i.n.i.s.h.e.d.

Not many writers are happy with first drafts. Neither am I, but I am h.a.p.p.y. that the initial big step is over. This is one occasion, which falls on the day of hearts, that calls for a change of heart (from busy to lazy) and header. 

The old . . .
And the new . . .
And the singing, at the top of my voice, of Psalm 100 (my own tune): 

Shout with joy to the LORD, all the earth!
Worship the LORD with gladness.
Come before him, singing with joy.
Acknowledge that the LORD is God!
He made us, and we are his.
We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving;
go into his courts with praise.
Give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the LORD is good.
His unfailing love continues forever,
and his faithfulness continues to each generation.


The heart of the Lord is so big it spills over with grace.

3 comments:

Rita A. Gomez said...

Hi Grace , what does it matter if no one remembered, I'm sure you know how much your family feel about you..

That said, regarding one's writing, didn't experts say that the most difficult thing to overcome is the criticism of oneself? I agree, totally. I'm sure after all your published books,this will turn out just as great, if not better.
Good luck!

Grace D. Chong said...

Hi, Rita! Thanks for taking time to read my blog and the kind words. I keep hoping I'd bump into you at Prime Grocer but I guess you're busy. See you around!

Yay Padua-Olmedo said...

Hey! You did it! We have more time for coffee!