4/20/2017

Packing: An Epic Production

I have been busy packing for a month-long trip in the last two months. Yes, packing takes me that long. It's always like an epic movie production.

First, I pile all the things I think I need inside my luggage: several shirts; several pairs of pants; several scarves; several etc. Of course it bursts and belches.

In movie making, nothing is left to chance. Every possible angle is shot: safety shots after shots after shots. It's in the editing where choices are made and extraneous shots, or outtakes, are thrown away.

So then I take one shirt away one day and arrange those that are left. Still the luggage belches. I take another scarf away the next day and again, re-arrange what are left. Then I repeat the process the next day, till everything is sitting comfortably in all the compartments.

Naturally, the editing never ends. I continue to take things away one after the other, as the days run out on me. 

And to finally complete the packing, I ask the Lord to throw in grace, because I can’t travel without it.

"You'll travel safely, you'll neither tire nor trip. You'll take afternoon naps without a worry, you'll enjoy a good night's sleep. No need to panic over alarms or surprises, or predictions that doomsday's just around the corner, because God will be right there with you; he'll keep you safe and sound." Proverbs 3:23-26 (MSG)

No comments: