8/29/2021

Baffling Bananas

Is this for real?! I was baffled when I saw this photo posted by a niece. 

Her reply to someone who typed this same question: “I took this photo myself in Umingan, Pangasinan, my parents’ hometown.” 

I went bananas for close to a minute. So I researched. 

(In the ancient days of my youth, we had to wait for the next edition of the encyclopedia, which took two to three years, depending on my parents’ budget, to know more about a topic of interest. One other way was to find a library with the latest books, which was nil.) 

Simply typing “Banana plant images,” I found these:  

The bananas photographed by my niece are also found in many countries.  Although this is phenomenal to someone like me who had no interest in bananas, it has been a regular occurrence among farmers and arborists. 

Technology has brought the world to our fingertips, and because the pandemic has forced us to stay home, we now have limitless time to be tourists and researchers without having to ride a plane—and gain knowledge faster than we ever did before.  

My laptop and mobile phone have also led me to discover the inexhaustible variety and magnitude of God’s grace. 

On the topic of bananas alone, did you know that they come in many colors and varieties? Here are some of them:   

Baffling, isn't it? 

God’s works are great and his thoughts deep, every new generation uncovers things nobody ever thought existed or could exist.   

“O LORD, what great works you do! And how deep are your thoughts.” (Psalm 92:5 NLT)  

No comments: