12/30/2023

Awful and Wonderful

How can antonyms be in perfect harmony? 

They can. 
I had this “bright” idea of changing my blog look for the year 2024. I am on my 18th year of blogging and there has to be some kind of change. But here’s what happens when change is done for the sake change. 

I bravely went into the inner structure of my blogspot to reconfigure it. But  I must have pushed some wrong buttons; it took me a whole day—back and forth, forth and back to come up with a decent layout. Hit and miss, miss and hit.  

Exhausted, I decided to simply revert to my old design. Alas, I couldn’t find my way back anymore. 

And so, even before the clock could strike 12 on New Year's day,  I have a NEW LOOK

OLD LOOK
But the new layout made all my photos and layouts awful: meaning, they floated out of the text or got buried under them, making the posts senseless. Imagine presenting your sldes (painstakingly done on your computer) using another computer. The fonts and layout become unrecognizable as they dance in and out of the frame.    

With the new look, I had to go back to the old posts to redeem them using the new specifications. 

Wonderful happened: Epiphany! I uncovered long-forgotten entries and thoughts that evolved through time. My life (those that were recorded) came flashing back. I could feel anew the grace that enabled me to record faith lost and faith regained in all aspects of my years. 

I won’t be finished working on all 2,000+ entries as I am also editing word-and-image lapses. I am taking it slow and easy, reliving and thanking the Lord once more for each piece. 

Why am I even doing this? Let me put it this way: Physically recomposing every post is awful, but nostalgically reading the content, mostly funny and self-deprecating, makes me feel wonderful. 

To quote my sister Aie, "Do what you love, and love what you do." 

No comments: