The excitement of winning an award always comes in two huge waves—like tsunami invasions. You drown and can't immediately come up for air the first time. That's when someone calls to tell you about it. I blogged about that one.
Then, just when you think you're treading and breathing normally again, the next giant wave comes: awards night.
Gintong Aklat Awards, which gave “Grace Found Me” (365 thoughts for busy women), published by OMF Literature, a trophy for one of two bests in the inspirational book category, is a publisher's award. It is given every two years; the next one will be in 2014.
As explained during the awarding, Gintong Aklat recipients are judged on the basis of every conceivable book angle—content (60%); and the rest of the 40%, design, layout, editing, readability, total look. Meaning, over-all quality in book publishing.
There was a torrent of grace that evening. It drenched all the people involved in the publication of the book, which made the awards night all the more exciting!
We dressed up, we took photos, we laughed, we applauded, we gobbled up our dinner, we embraced the trophy, and hogged the night, like we owned it for eternity. And individually, before, during, and after these acts of joyfulness, we thanked and praised the Source of all awards.
If you don't believe my super-superlatives that have left me breathless, maybe these photos will prove they are no hyperbole.
|"Is this for real?!"|
|"I think I am hyper-ventilating . . ."|
|"It can't get any better than this!"|
|"Reality check: Lord, I am sorry. This isn't about me, nor about us. We're into literature for Your glory alone."|
Photos by: Tony