8/28/2009

Fresh Flowers in a Doghouse


Attorney, our pet dog, has something other dogs don't have—or will never have. He has fresh flowers in his doghouse!

What's even more strange and surprising is, he seems to appreciate those flowers by staring at them and leaving them alone.

With only a few steps separating our garden from Attorney's doghouse, somehow, the flowers find their way to our beloved dog's domicile, not just once or twice, but as often as the yellow bells bloom. I think it is no coincidence that the color of the hour is also yellow.

I took photos of the flowers at two different times; I also tried, with extreme difficulty, to include Attorney in the picture but he is camera shy.

Now, who ever says that the idiom "in a doghouse" means being in disfavor?

Attorney has been a pet of grace, and the way he treats the flowers in his shelter makes him so much more endearing to me and my household.                
 


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! there..
I like youre site..and I love the flowers..smiles
keep up the good work..

Grace D. Chong said...

Thank you so much for your kind words and for visiting my site. I visited yours and found many interesting nuggets of information. I will go back.

Yay Padua-Olmedo said...

Now I SEE what you mean. Cute!

MelB said...

That is so SWEET and I love his name!

Grace D. Chong said...

Drop by and I will introduce you to the sweetest dog around. Thanks!

Grace D. Chong said...

Yay, see you at the OMFLit opening at Pergola.

Flowernflorist said...

Hats off, I wonder it could be me. Thanks for adding information about such beautiful gifts of Mother Nature to a faithful animal. Such information is always helpful for all of us send flower usa to their loved ones living oceans away from us. What an Idea
. Thanks indeed!!!!!!!

Grace D. Chong said...

Hey, you're into flowers! I love them--and paint them for posterity. Thanks for the visit.