8/01/2009

Have You Seen this Poster?



Chances are, you have. Maybe in a bookstore window, or on the wall of a coffee shop or a library, or maybe even on a school bulletin board, or in a printer’s shop. The photo shown above is my very own copy tucked carefully in a special corner at home.

Unlike my van of grace, this poster has maybe, uh, a hundred or so print runs. You see, it is a poster for The National Book Development Board (NBDB), the government agency mandated to develop and support the Philippine book publishing industry, called the Book Publishing Industry Development Act in 1995).

The model: Maricel Laxa-Pangilinan, multi-awarded actress and columnist

The book: Well, you know.

It's a poster of grace.

3 comments:

Grace D. Chong said...

Thanks for the url. I visited your site and am amazed at the number of sites you have visited. I wish I could do even just one tenth! Love your posts on friendship.

Evelyn said...

hello gracemae, this is evelyn, i was in class 61 at city high and we sometimes had sunday school classes together at uccp. i love your website! we will soon have our golden anniversary in the year 2011. so many years have passed... you still look the same!!! our class blog is at http://bchs61tambayan.blogspot.com/
cheers, evelyn

Grace D. Chong said...

Hi, Evelyn! How on earth did you ever find my website?! I am glad that you did. Just visited the BCHS Class 61 blogsite. It's very interesting and I'm sure it will find all the others that are still missing.