12/22/2009

Tearful Tuesday


While I was away in Daet, Camarines Norte, for a book talk over the weekend, Justice fell ill.

Her Vet had earlier postponed giving her a shot of anti-parvo-virus because she was still on anti-biotics.

Unfortunately, parvo virus couldn't wait and hit Justice hard in her weakened condition. She was rushed to the hospital (again!).

When I came home, Justice was gone.

This proves, once again, that nothing on earth is permanent. But His grace is, till He comes again.

4 comments:

Yay Padua-Olmedo said...

How sad, I didn't even get to meet him. Anyway, you still have Attorney.

Grace D. Chong said...

My friend wants to give me another one--her Beagle gave birth anew. Hmmm...

Alvin said...

So sorry about your beagle. What an, well, unjust way to go. Reminds me of my family's Yellow Labrador that our vet, with my Mom's reluctant permission, had to put to sleep last Christmas Eve. :-(

I feel you should really think twice about getting another dog. Attorney seems to be the type that doesn't want any competition for your family's affections, especially if that competition comes in the form of a gentle and harmless beagle. There have been some cases where bigger-built breeds were hostile toward smaller, pushover-type ones, and what happened between your dogs seems to be that case. Should you get another dog, it'll probably be better if it's a breed and has a build similar to Attorney's.

Anyway, wishing you a better and brighter 2010 for you and your loved ones! Ü

Grace D. Chong said...

Hi, Alvin,

Thanks for the advice and concern. We have decided not to have another dog and give all our love to Attorney. May you have a blessed 2010!