7/09/2011

An Early Surprise

It's a Saturday, the only day of the week when I allow myself to loll in bed and contemplate nothing. There are no scheduled appointments, and I had done my umpteenth (and hopefully last) revision on my forthcoming book's manuscript before I hit the sack last night. 

An hour of idleness is all I could take, though, so I rise to visit the World Wide Web. 

Surprise! I come upon the number 100,000—my blogsite hits thus far.
I might have sworn off numbers, because they don't represent the real readers (who stay and come back and sometimes leave a comment), but a figure reaching six digits can't be ignored.

What shall I do next?  Well, like I always do when I celebrate a blog breakthrough, I change my old header: 

Here's my new one:
Thank you, everyone, for contributing to this awesome number.

Thank you, Lord, for the grace of 100,000 friends in cyberspace.

4 comments:

Yay Padua-Olmedo said...

Hey, new look and great number! More blogs ahead and more people blessed!
Congrats!

Grace D. Chong said...

I've been blogging every four days (or less) in the last 5 years. sometimes I wonder when the Lord will say, "Hey, time's up."

Yay Padua-Olmedo said...

More, more! And no throwing of tantrums till the trumpet sounds.

Grace D. Chong said...

Deal!