10/16/2019

And the Crowd Swelled

Came the weekend, and the wish of every MIBF (Manila International Book Fair) exhibitor was more than fulfilled: the crowd swelled to SRO.

The first three days had been a dispirited version of past MIBFs, when  people in droves surged through the entrance doors. Where have all the people gone? I asked what everyone must have been asking himself.

We got the answer that Saturday.

My author’s ID, provided by my publisher, saved me from the harrowing mile-long queue of people waiting their turn to enter the venue. Whew!

The OMF Lit Booth, where I was scheduled for book signing of  Grace at Work, was already teeming with book fans when I got there. Again, I had to wade through the crowd.

Grace at Work was published in 2014 but has been made-over this year: New size, new cover, and new layout with updated entries.

Lynnie, all the way from Cebu's airwaves, was OMF’s voice during the event. She asked me questions about the book and welcomed the people who attended the event.

And there they were!

In the crowd were some of my students, waving and grinning. Not only did they surprise me, they took me to seventh heaven and back. For this unexpected grand gesture, I will be grateful for life.

These photos hardly capture God’s grace at work that special Saturday afternoon. 

No comments: