1/09/2020

Glorious CHRISTmas

That title might be misconstrued to mean that other Christmases are not as glorious. But I chose it for my Christmas post because that’s what it is for me: The day Grace came down.

Son #3 and I attended the Christmas eve worship service in church, where the nativity scene came to life once more.
Son #1 and hubby stayed behind, perhaps to reflect on the meaning of the season in the privacy of our home.

Then we ordered pizza for four for dinner, after which we waited for 10 PM to open whatever gifts there were on the living room table. The early hour was in consideration of the two seniors whose sleeping  patterns have to be followed or they'd suffer through a turbulent night.

I got one gift. Son #1 gave me another beautiful book, a different Bible translation with devotionals by Christian authors this time. He gives me God's book every year, perhaps to make sure I don't neglect reading the Word.

Son #3’s gift was scheduled for Christmas Day.

The hubby was apologetic after receiving the newest two volumes (from son #1 and me) of his favorite Prince Valiant republications, “I have no gift for you.”

I replied, “How about your love?”

He raised one thumb, and that ended our eloquent romantic discourse. Off to bed we went to snooze, leaving the two boys to wait for 12 midnight.

Before closing my eyes, I asked the Lord to please embrace very tightly for me the other members of our family (son #2, his wife, and son), who live so far away we couldn’t share with them our pizza Christmas dinner.

“For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.” (Luke 2:11-14)

How can CHRISTmas not be perpetually and permanently glorious?

No comments: