2/06/2020

River of Praise

When I was told that our first stop in my Cebu Book tour was a school named River of Praise, I was reminded of this verse:

“Look! There is a river whose streams make the city of God rejoice, even the Holy Place of the Most High. Since God is in her midst, she will not be shaken. God will help her at the break of dawn."  (Psalm 46:4 ISV)

We were going to a Christian school, where God is in its midst!

The general vicinity was an unlikely place for an educational institution. A line of busy stores and a public market were beside and across it. But as soon as we entered the tall gate, I seemed to have been transported to a river whose streams make the whole campus praise.

There must have been 300 children in the auditorium where I was to tell the story of  The White Shoes (art by Sergio Bumatay and published by Hiyas.)

My thoughts, What should I do to keep their attention?  How can I reach the kids at the far end of the place?   

I worried for naught. The children from the first row to the last listened and answered all my questions in a roaring chorus. Then pandemonium broke loose when we offered free books as prizes to whomever was brave enough to say his thoughts about the story.    

Ah, the school was indeed a river of praise. Chatting with the teachers and school head before leaving the campus capped a morning of grace.   

No comments: