5/05/2021

At 14, No Doters Allowed

Our only grandson, Adrian, turns 14 today. 

At this age, according to psychologists, teenagers may feel embarrassed by their family—especially by those who dote on them in public. And yet, that is exactly what I am doing and risking. Gosh. 

A beloved grandchild turns 14 only once. His growth spurts and suddenly, he towers over the dwarfs in the family (me). 

Let me flex how handsome he looks in his latest photos.  

I am now singing the same tune I blogged about when he was a baby. Link here.  

His first photo was inside his mother's womb. 

Although he lives abroad and would come home for vacation only once a year before the pandemic, those short visits allowed us to dote on him as he was young, unaware, and wink, wink, bribable. I have tons of his photos, which I keep in an album of grace.   

To Adrian, Angkong and Amah (Chinese honorifics for father of your father and mother of your father) wish you a blessed 14th birthday! 

You’re probably cringing while reading this post, but hey, doddering grandparents are allowed some folly, right? 

"Children’s children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children." (Proverbs 17:6 NIV) 

Photo credits:  (Adrian's solo shots above) Gianina Chong

No comments: