5/09/2021

Mouse, Mousse, and Moolah on Mom’s Day

A week before Mother’s Day, two of my three sons each decided to give me a gift. 

Son #3 had a mango mousse delivered because it was on special sale that day. He said, “That’s for Mother’s Day.”

My heart danced.  

Son #1 was going to have his computer serviced in the mall, and I requested him to buy me an extra mouse in case mine conked out. He gave me the mouse, and naturally I asked, “How much do I owe you?”

He replied, “None. It’s a Mother’s Day gift.” 

My heart danced again.  

Son #2, who lives abroad, sends me moolah for “expenses” any day of the year. I take that as another Mom’s Day gift—and another chance for my heart to dance whenever I receive it.  

It’s true what people say: boys are not into frills, fuss, and rituals. Neither are they effusive. I live without peripherals; Mother’s Day, for me, is all days of the year. 

Here they are celebrating their own birthdays, that special day when each was delivered, not by a stork, but by the Father of all. 


Ahhh, I am waxing nostalgic. Grace weaves in and around me during this pandemic. 

“Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward.” (Psalm 127:3 NKJV)  

No comments: