2/08/2022

PINK Is the Color of Tomorrow

Every language has its own phrases/clauses that are untranslatable to any language. We can try, but the essence is lost.  

One example is Kulay Rosas ang Bukas, one of the slogans of VP Leni's campaign for the presidency. It is a beautiful rhyming clause in Filipino and tugs at the heart. But translating it to English (my blog title) takes its marrow away.  

But what does it matter? My FB wall today is blanketed with PINK. More than a thousand of my friends have uploaded PINK images and changed their profile pictures to PINK with this phrase/clause: Kulay Rosas ang Bukas. 

So have I! 

Many more have followed suit as this day wears on. The 10 on PINK is VP Leni's number on the ballot;  it also signifies the highest level of standard; and in the Bible, it symbolizes the completion of a cycle.  

08 February 2022, today, is the first day of the official campaign period for the elections. From the high tides in the ocean, the force of the PINK wave, the strongest kind, is upon us and visible to all.  

As revealed in my previous blog on PINK, I have gained over 200 like-minded friends who believe in the PINK revolution—a movement of hope to stop the atrophy of morality in the country, caused by power-and-money-hungry politicians. PINK friends uplift the spirit and, I believe, are the Lord's channels of grace, for people like me who have become cynical of governance. 

Today is PINK day. 

It is my prayer that PINK will be the color of tomorrow in our land. 

"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit." (Romans 15:13 NLT)  

No comments: