5/08/2022

It’s a PINK Day to a Mom like Me

As a mother of three sons and a grandmother of one grandson, I am basking in the glory of PINK today.     
This is the first Mother’s day that I have been greeted by hundreds of new online friends: kakampinks (co-volunteers in the campaign for VP Leni’s team).  

One is an excellent artist, whose works I was not familiar with before this PINK era—a special period for people with a common dream to work together for a rosy Philippines.  

As a kakampink, I could now freely visit Fredi Agunoy’s page, which features his paintings. A mother-and-child fan (I have several hanging on my wall by esteemed artist friends), I was drawn to his PINK series, which he titled either Rosas or Madonna.  

Rosas is VP Leni’s campaign color, and Madonna is her role at home and in the country, once elected as our presdient.  

Art pieces by artists that depict the bond of a mother and her child have always captivated me, even before I became a mother myself. Why? The unspoken message between a mother and her child is, to me, a most meaningful relationship that keeps hearts beating.   

I asked Fredi’s permission to post them, and what better time to do so than today? 

Like an an added bonus, he sent me a photo of the mural at Dingalan Artist Village, located in Fredi’s Farm at Brgy. Matawe, Dingalan, Aurora. It is the home to the Dingalan Artist Guild. 

I consider it a privilege of the highest order to have visual artists as friends. Their language is grace for the eyes and soul: balance, contrast, colors, patterns, rhythm, texture, depth of feelings, plus more.  

If you are a mom or a granny, or both, Fredi’s paintings are a tribute to you and me.   

Happy Mother’s Day!  

"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future." (Proverbs 31:25 NLT) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tnx so much grace