12/27/2022

Red and Green

Red and green are the two colors that are closely associated with Christmas

Once I wore a red and green printed dress to a summer get-together with close friends, and I became the center of playful teasing.

“I didn’t realize it’s already Christmas!” “Oh, no, I haven’t wrapped my Christmas gifts yet.” Some even sang “Joy to the world!” 

Why indeed do red and green remind everyone of Christmas? Nobody knows for certain, but there are many tales or theories that explain it. 

My favorite, of course, refers to the Reason why Christians celebrate Christmas: Jesus.  

Red represents the blood He shed for us at His  crucifixion. Green pertains to the evergreen tree that remains green through all seasons, including a long, deadly winter. It's a metaphor for the everlasting season, where we will be forever green in eternal life, after our earthy death—if we accept, in our heart, Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. 

These symbols, which have been going around the Net in various stylized graphics, explain it best. 

No comments: