1/01/2023

What’s Up in 2023?

 It’s another new year on planet Earth. What’s in store for us earthlings?  

Will it be (to borrow Charles Dickens' words) the best of times or the worst of times? The years 2020, 2021, and 2022 were appropriated by the Covid-19 pandemic that bought our economy to its knees. And worse, our presidential election brought our values to the gutter.      

What’s up in 2023? 

We do not know. 

What I do know, as a Christian, is what I have experienced in my faith journey all through the new years of my life.   

My Saviour, Jesus Christ, the King Who became poor so He could save me from my sins, and so I could live with Him in His Kingdom forever as soon as (to borrow Shakespeare's famous soliloquy in Hamlet), I have shuffled off this mortal coil is:  

“. . . the same yesterday and today and forever.” Hebrews 13:8 (NIV)  

In lamentations 3:22-23 (ESV), we read, “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” 

It’s a new morning, the first one this year 2023. It may still be fraught with worldly troubles, but it will be another grace-filled year! 
GIF 

No comments: