7/28/2024

Mother’s Day 2024

For many years now, son #1 always posts online my photo taken in ancient years on Mother’s Day. 

This tradition I truly appreciate because it makes me reminisce those days when I was an active mom, attached (literally) to my sons, who at their ages today have their own busy lives. I had my time of enjoying amazing grace of a spcial kind.  

In those days, both sons (son #3 was still just an inspired thought) obviously hated cameras. It took time before Tony could click the shutter because one refused to smile and the other one simply hid his face with his hand while clinging to me. 

Another tradition is receiving flowers from abroad from son #2, facilitated by my daughter-in-love. If you are a mom and have grown-up sons, you know well, as I do, that the look of awe they lavished on you as babies is gone with the wind. That’s why we’re grateful for pets. Our askal (asong kalye; street dog) pet, Judge, always makes me feel like a rock star and relive those memories. 
"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." (1 Thessalonians 5:18 ESV) 

No comments: