10/24/2010

Alternative to Serenity: Serenitea

Discovering and visiting new beverage places is probably one of JC's many favorite activities.

A friend of a friend invited him to this shop that served nothing but tea and aptly called Serenitea, which I mistook for serendipity, considering how it was discovered.

This branch is in BF Homes Paranaque, a subdivision not too far from ours. Serenitea Cha Kitchen claims to be the first tea shop to use customized espresso machine for tea. It gives many, many choices of cold or hot tea mixes in a myriad of flavors, with a chart of how one wants his sugar level—from very sweet to barely sweet.

On my first visit there, I chose frozen strawberry milk tea. It was heavenly! Note to self: will come back next week.

Alas, next week was my visit to the doctor for my tummy ailment which comes and goes. She gave me a two-week dose of medicine which came with this order: “For two weeks, while on medication, avoid spicy and sour foods, coffee, tea, and milk.”

“That means, after two weeks, I can take them again . . .” I said.

“That means after two weeks, you come back to see me,” she replied.

And so that is the state of my stomach affairs. I need 14 days so my system can have the serenity it needs and after that, I hope to have the Serenitea I want.

These two weeks, while on medication, may God grant me an equal dose of grace to heal and feel better again.

No comments: