12/14/2021

Less Than Perfect

There are stores selling branded goods at cheap prizes. Reason? 

The merchandise are less than perfect: asymmetrical buttonholes; uneven hemlines; misaligned zippers; unsewn edges, etc. These are goods discarded by quality control. 

Just as there are less than perfect goods, there are also less than perfect people. Well, for one, nobody’s perfect. There are multitudes who spurn God and do everything against humanity and God’s will. But there are those who are the real deal—those who have decided to follow the path Jesus walks on.  

The good news is, Jesus loves all people, including the quality control discards: criminals, lowlifes, and unbelievers. In fact, Jesus did not cast them aside. On many occasions, he sought them out.  

This story is told in Luke 7:37-38 (NLT): 

“When a certain immoral woman from that city heard he was eating there, she brought a beautiful alabaster jar filled with expensive perfume. Then she knelt behind him at his feet, weeping. Her tears fell on his feet, and she wiped them off with her hair. Then she kept kissing his feet and putting perfume on them.” 

The Pharisee labeled her “a sinner ” but Jesus accepted her. He spoke gently to her, assuring her that her sins were forgiven (verse 48).

Jesus loves imperfect people—which includes me. And the greatest demonstration of His love for us is that He came on Christmas for everyone. “. . .  God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.” (Romans 5:8)

As believers in God’s saving grace, may we be vessels of His love to the other flawed people in our communities so they too may know that they can receive God’s love despite their imperfections.

Reflect and pray: 

How can I share God’s love to less-than-perfect people like me?   

Photo credit: "Jesus' Feet" 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good day I am so thrilled I found your blog page, I really found you by mistake,
while I was searching on Yahoo for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say cheers for a marvelous post and a all round
interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read through it all at the moment
but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more,
Please do keep up the great b.

Anonymous said...

This is very fascinating, You're a very professional blogger.

I've joined your rss feed and look ahead to searching for extra of your fantastic post.
Additionally, I have shared your web site in my social networks

Grace D. Chong said...

Thank you so much for dropping by. Merry Christmas!

Grace D. Chong said...

Dear anonymous.

I missed your message. I am usually notified when there are comments, but for some reason, I was'nt. Late though it may be, let me thank you sincerely for your encouraging words. God bless you.