7/26/2026

Guilty? The VP’s Impeachment Trial

On the first day of VP Sara's impeachment hearing, I sat rigidly in a chair and listened to every word.

When son #3, a lawyer, came home, I concluded, “She will be impeached.”

As though he was talking to a grade schooler, he replied, “Mom, ask two lawyers one question, and they will have two different answers.” 

That shut me up. I stopped listening to or reading about the proceedings after that. Comments and emojis on socmed mean nothing. 

Son #3 explained furher, "Although the Senate has the final say on whether to convict or acquit VP Sara during an impeachment trial, the Supreme Court (SC) has the final word on the legal validity of the process itself." 
Sigh.  

“The SC, as the ultimate interpreter of the Constitution, has the final authority to declare an impeachment complaint valid or invalid." 

I don’t count. You don’t count. We, who are non-members of the SC, don’t count.

That is justice on terra firma, the temporary world we live in.

Only in eternity, where God is the ultimate supreme Judge, can true justice exist.      

The Bible describes God’s perfect fairness in His defense of the oppressed and His ultimate judgment of sin. He promised to right every wrong.

Verses on justice in Scripture are many, but these will do for now:

Deuteronomy 32:4 (NIV): "The Rock, his work is perfect, for all his ways are justice. A faithful God and without iniquity, just and upright is he.

Psalm 103:6: "The Lord works righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed."

Isaiah 30:18: "For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him."

So, will the VP be impeached?

May grace give us peace when the final verdict--wherever it goes--of the SC is announced. 

Take heart, true justice will come when the new earth and new heaven will be upon us. Soon, I pray.  

No comments: