1/22/2024

Breathtaking Grace

Almost every day, my eyes would be treated to a breathtaking view of the Manila Bay sunset, often described as the most beautiful in the world.
 
This was my route going home from my office. I'd always felt as though it was a reward from the Lord for a good day’s work.  

It’s been years since I left the corporate world; my travels here and there have become sporadic. The sunset is no longer a part of my daily repertoire.   

One day in December 2023, Bing, a peer in my erstwhile workplace, invited me to her intimate birthday bash. Not only would it be a reunion of old friends (once all 20+ years younger), the afternoon promised fun, laughter, and everything in between. 

There was a bonus! Big, beathtaking bonus: a view of the most beautiful sunset in the world! The intervening years have not changed it. Watching it with dearest friends made it even doubly breathtaking. 

A photo op was a must.  

And the party began. These spontaneous shots replayed the scenes of our youth. Trust Bing to always come up with an impeccable meet-up plan. This time, it was a unique, nostalgic reunion with a sunset view.  

No comments: