10/04/2024

Teachers Are Learners

Yesterday was Teacher’s Day. I wasn’t aware of it till I dropped by the school where I teach part time. A student gave me a box and said, “Happy Teacher’s Day!” 

Teaching takes only a smidgen of my time (compared to the hours I spend on writing). But being called a teacher is precious grace, like winning a Lifetime Achievement Award.  

I have always believed that being a teacher is more like being a learner. I have saved a lifetime worth of knowledge from preparing the lessons to understanding how young people would react to and absorb them every single class hour. 

Opening the gift at home, I was delighted to see a cup and packs of tea and coffee, to either keep me awake or make me sleep.  


At the same time, my publisher, CSM Publishing, uploaded this greetings for all teachers, citing a line from my book, Teacher in Me.*

Happy Teacher’s Day to everyone who teaches (mentor, trainer, adviser, facilitator, etc.) May our Lord Jesus, the Teacher in us, continue to guide all teachers in guiding those whom we teach.  

*It's the devotional used by Pastor Popoy when he leads the Friday devotions among the teachers in our church's school, ACTS (Alliance Christian School and Training Center). 


No comments: