Adrenaline has kicked in, and it will keep pumping up at the Manila International Book Fair (MIBF) as it continues to welcome book lovers everywhere.
On the first day, I had an hour talk before educators and any advocate for picure books. The event was oragnized by the The National Book Development Board (NBDB), a Philippine government agency tasked with developing and promoting the country's book publishing industry
My topic centered around the role of picture books in developing empathy towards peace. My cup of tea!
From day 1 of my writing jouurney, the trajectory has always been peace, through Christian values. All my 50 plus published picture books today focus on these values, each one showing how moral ethics (from the Book on grace that I read every day) can be lived through relatable characters illustrated in unique ways.
Son #1 took pictures of the talk perhaps to document how his mother has kept her life busy even after leaving the corporate world. Talks in events such as this usually follow a published book.
A lecture? Never. I speak about how and why I write and hopefully, the audience can have some meaningful take-away on how books on grace can help them guide the young teward the right path.
As writers and illustrators love to instruct tthemselvs, "Show, don't tell!"
From a select audience to the crowd at the OMF lit booth with the theme READEMPTION:
| To book worms, this is the happy place for happy days! |
No comments:
Post a Comment