9/29/2026

READemption Book Launching

All 25 new titles of Hiyas of OMF, dedicated to the Lord, the Author of life and every book, a month earlier, made their debut with the theme READemption at the MIBF in September. 

Authors, illustrators, and everyone involved in the production of these books gathered for a celebration and thanksgiving.

I wrote three of these books (all focused on the Redeemer), but they would never have been possible without the empowering of the great Author. 

During the event, I was asked by the emcee, “What is your encouragement to your fellow authors, our illustrators, and also our readers?”

"This year’s theme,” I said, “sums it all up. READemption is a movement. It is about moving our readers from one end of the spectrum to the opposite end: darkness to light; bad to good; pain to joy; black to white.  There should never be shades of gray or compromises." 

I addded, "As believers in redemption, we [authors, illustrators, editors, translators, staff, etc.] need to hold hands in guiding our readers toward God's grace and forgiveness. Our books should invite our readers to bring their hidden mistakes into the light—towards healing and restoring—or we don’t write at all.”

As an author, that is my prayer (in advertising lingo, my brand essence). It is my hope that after every book launching, I will continue to focus on the reason for whom I write. One book at a time. 

No comments: