11/03/2021

The Greatest Link

In the spring of 2018, Tony and I flew to the US to attend the 50th wedding anniversary of my oldest brother, Manong Peding—a pastor. His children asked me to speak at the reception. Instead, I prepared a slide presentation: the story of how he came into our lives and became my and siblings' brother.  

I am sharing it with you now because early this morning (November 2 in America), I shed copious tears. 

The last six slides are not part of the original presentation. I added them today, because like all life stories, the ending we envision is not usually the same ending that the Lord has for us. 

His parents were adamant. 
He searched for long-lost, distant relatives.  
Next, Pangasinan. 
Finally, a break! 
High school was a snap. 
There had to something beyond all that. 
The street kid with a foul mouth was now a full-fledged pastor. 
To a new place the adventurous new couple headed. 
Now in his 80's, and in deep grief, his health deteriorated.  

2 comments:

Yay Padua-Olmedo said...

What a tribute. He indeed fought the good fight of the faith. Condolences, Grace. Hugs and prayers for your family. ❤️🙏😢

Grace D. Chong said...

Thank you, Yay. This is an example of a complete turn-around for Christ. We are blessed that the Lord sent him to our home.